Internet Resources for Technology
- Access World technology for people who are blind or visually impaired by the American Foundation for the Blind
- Blind Bargains online resource for locating used assistive technology and equipment
- Blind Cool Tech Blind Cool Tech is a podcast that brings some fun, education, and variety into your mp3 player. The show provides interviews, brings you along on sound seeing tours, and discusses life and cool technology.
- Flying Blind, LLC resource for location of used technology or products, tech tips or their weekly newsletter about assistive technology and a magazine on the latest reviews on assistive technology for blindness
- NVDA nonvisual desktop access is a free open source screen reader for MIcrosoft Windows operating system providing feedback via synthetic speech and braille which enables blind or vision impaired people to access computers running Windows.
- Serotek low-cost screen reader
- Web Anywhere free web browser that works on any computer running windows
Downloadable Digital Resources
- Bookshare an accessible and downloadable library for people with print disabilities. This service is free for students K through continuing education.
- Learning Ally (formerly known as Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic) this collection of more than 75,000 digitally recorded textbooks and literature titles – downloadable and accessible on mainstream as well as specialized assistive technology devices for those who cannot read standard print due to blindness, visual impairment, dyslexia, or other learning disabilities.